After a busy week of working I desperately needed a pick me up, and these did just that. I had some vanilla and toffee buttercream left over from the Cappuccino Cake I made a few days ago, as well as half a bag of oats from my Healthy Flapjacks. These Oatmeal Cookies (transformed into cream pies) were a lifesaver and WARNING – they are pretty moreish.
Perfect for your children or entertaining guests, they are very simple to bake and very yummy to eat.
Oatmeal Cream Pies (makes around 30)
230g unsalted butter
230g dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
210g plain flour
3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
150g rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line your greasing proof paper
- Cream together the butter and sugar and then add the vanilla extract and eggs
- Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon into the bowl and stir to combine. Stir in the oats
- Form your balls and place the dough onto your sheets – using tips from my Classic Cookie mix to make the perfect shape
- Bake for around 8-10 minutes (again look at my tips!)
- Leave to cool slightly before placing on a wire rack to cool completely
- For the buttercream click here for various recipes – go wild!