This has to be the EASIEST dinner I have EVER made.
Seriously, when I say one-pot, I mean it.
All you need is a pot (that one’s pretty obvious), a chopping board, and a knife.
I can’t stress enough how YUMMY this is….. all the delicious flavours soak into the meat and veg and you end up with so much goodness on your plate after a good hour in the oven. It really doesn’t take too much prep, and its a lovely warming dish.
Served with a glass of red, with Granny’s Pear & Plum Cider Crumble for pudding, and you are sorted for the evening.
You can obviously tweak this to your taste, adding bacon if you fancy, celery rather than onions and so on.
One-Pot Chicken Cassoulet (Serves 4)
4 chicken breasts (I cut these into small chunks)
150g chestnut mushrooms
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
Tin of cannellini beans
1 clove of garlic
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp tomato puree
500ml chicken stock
Dash of red wine
Handful of chopped parsley
Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and get your casserole dish ready
- Chop all the veg and throw into the dish, along with your beans and chicken pieces
- Add the stock, along with the paprika, garlic, tomato puree and wine
- Stir and sprinkle over chopped parsley, season to taste
- Put in the oven and cook for around 1 hour (1 hour and half if you don’t chop the chicken breasts)
- Serve with baked potatoes or mash, with green veg