Today I cleaned my house, (I’m one of those horrible people who compulsively clean and really really enjoy it – it’s therapy for me), visited my Auntie’s house where I gave her cat Brucey some TLC (this morning and evening), had a telephone interview for a potential job, prepared a pork tenderloin and mushroom sauce and baked some cookies. I feel like I haven’t sat down all day and the soles of my feet have that knawing tooth ache pain because I actually haven’t stopped.
So if you’ve had this kind of day, or will have one similar tomorrow, seriously – bake these cookies…. Or ideally, get someone else to bake them. They have a lot of sugar and chocolate in them and they make me feel good when I eat them (Please have with cup of tea).
You can replace the chocolate bars used for any of your favourites – I just particularly like Mars Bars.
I love baking cookies!
Mars Bar, Fudge & Choc Chip Cookies (makes around 30)
250g unsalted butter
300g light brown sugar
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
310g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of sea salt
3 mars bars
3 chocolate fudge bars
100g dark chocoalte chunks
Cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a bowl
- Add a spoonful at a time of wet and dry ingredients to the creamed butter, beating until just incorporated
- Mix in the Mars Bar chunks, fudge chunks and chocolate chunks
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and refrigerate for around an hour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease your baking trays
- Using a cookie scoop or just your hands, place the cookie balls onto the trays
- Bake for 12 minutes and leave to cool before eating
Brucey the tabby I’m looking after for the week – he’s a cutie ❤