So I’ve never been the biggest fan of rocky roads as they usually have raisins in them and I have yet to appreciate those little shriveled up things!
So naturally I have left these out of the recipe – and instead have created an Easter special – with a hint of Malteser Bun as well.
I usually find it a little tricky getting the consistency of chocolate, butter and golden syrup just right – so the amount I’ve provided is just a general guideline – you can play around with how sticky or chocolatey you want these.
You can also substitute pretty much any type of chocolate goodie you want i.e. mars bar rather than fudge, milky way rather than creme egg and so on. I’ve just used typically Easter-y chocolate bars.
I also keep these ones refrigerated, just to help them keep extra fresh… Enjoy!
Easter Egg Rocky Roads
150g milk chocolate
150g dark chocolate
2 tbsp golden syrup
100g mini marshmallows
4 creme eggs, quartered
100g digestive biscuits
Bag of mini eggs
100g white chocolate
- Place the chocolate pieces, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan and heat until melted
- Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed digestives
- Now add the marshmallows, fudge, crème eggs and a half of the bag of mini eggs
- Spoon the mixture into a tin and press firmly down – place in the fridge to cool
- Once cool, melt the white chocolate and spread over the top
- Finally finish by sprinkling over the rest of the mini eggs (you can crush some of these to make it look extra nice!)
- Cool overnight and cut into rough squares the next day.