*recipe inspired by DeliciouslyElla*
I was doing my general round on Instagram, looking at pretty pictures of food, and I came across DeliciouslyElla. I loved her pictures and recipes and followed her immediately.
Anyway it came to making dinner and all I saw in the fridge was green green green. My mind went back to a dish I saw on Instagram and boy was I thankful. For once I had all the ingredients I needed – and a quick and simple dish I’d never made before!
I felt SO healthy eating it – I mean you can’t get any better that pesto, peas, spinach and broccoli. The lemon really added to the citrus flavour, and it’s so easy to whip up for a veggie friend.
Leftovers taste just as yummy cold the next day.
Pesto Pasta with Peas, Spinach & Broccoli (serves 4)
For the pesto
100g pine nuts
200ml olive oil
Handful of fresh basil
1 clove garlic
Sea salt and black pepper
For the pasta
80g pasta per person
200g frozen garden peas
1 floret broccoli
- Tear all the basil leaves off their stems, juice the lemons and peel the garlic
- Place all these with the other pesto ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy
- Place the pasta and the peas into a saucepan with boiling water and cook for around 15 minutes. Then cook the broccoli for around 5 minutes
- Drain the pasta and the peas, then place them back into the saucepan along with the pesto, spinach and brocolli
- Cook everything together on a low heat until the pesto is warm and the spinach has wilted
- Finally squeeze the juice of the last lemon over the pasta and season to your taste
- Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese and enjoy with a fresh salad and warm ciabatta bread!