HAPPY SUNDAY BAKING!
Sundays are my favourite days where I usually dedicate myself to baking some yummy treats ready for the week ahead. To get us straight on the way, I chose this recipe (one of my classics) as I love cinnamon, muffins and chocolate… what better way than to combine all three?!
These are so yummy and such a delicious munch when you are feeling a little stressed throughout the week with work or what not. They taste extra good when you warm them up in the microwave for 15 seconds! They always go down a treat and are SO easy to make… and they look pretty don’t you think?
I always like to try and explore muffin recipes and sometimes struggle to find the perfect combination and amount of ingredients… these really hit the spot. I love the addition of nutmeg – creating a donut-like muffin (which of course are my favourite!)
So here’s the recipe:
Nutella Stuffed Cinnamon Muffins
75g unsalted butter
100g granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
190g plain flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt
Pot of Nutella
50g granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
45g unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Mix in the egg, vanilla extract and milk.
- Gently stir in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until just combined
- Spoon one tablespoon of batter into muffin case, layer with 1 teaspoon of Nutella in the centre and then another tablespoon of batter on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes at this temperature then reduce to 180 degrees and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool slightly
- Meanwhile make the cinnamon-sugar topping by melting the butter. Stir the sugar and cinnamon together in a separate bowl
- Dip the top of each muffin into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Muffins stay fresh in an airtight container up to 1 week. Muffins freeze well, up to 3 months.