I discovered this recipe 2 years ago in the summer and I just fell in love with it and the product… banana, cinnamon and chocolate mini loaves! They’re like muffins but you have a slice – way more sophisticated I think 😉
They are super easy to make and I just love the taste…. the ripe bananas give it such a nice tang and the cinnamon lightens the flavour, as well as the chocolate giving it a good ol’ sweet taste. I also really enjoy baking with yogurt or buttermilk at the moment (rather than whole milk) as it gives it a more creamy texture.
I’m going to keep this one short and sweet as the loaves really speak for themselves, just give them a try!
( I also looooove using up over ripe bananas – I never seem to have time to eat all of them as I like mine quite firm) and who doesn’t like a recipe that uses up ingredients rather than throwing them away?!
Banana, Cinnamon and Chocolate Mini Loaves
100g unsalted butter
175g golden caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp greek yogurt
1 tsp cinnamon
4 very ripe bananas
100g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease the loaf tins
- Place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and chocolate into a large bowl. Mix and create a well in the centre
- Beat the sugar and butter together and then the eggs
- Add the yogurt and then the mashed bananas.
- Add this mixture into the flour well and stir only to moisten. DO NOT over mix! (this will create really dense loaves)
- Add the batter to the tins and bake for around 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Sprinkle over cinnamon sugar if desired!